Friday 25 March 2011

Up goes my seniority!

So ive been a little slack on my blog for the past 2 weeks..sorry guys! In all honesty ive been a little homesick and just generally meh for the last week or so. You know when all you wanna do is just curl up and sleep and just keep yourself to yourself? I just kinda wanted to spend a bit of time by myself and just kinda chill and shake off the mood and not drag anyone down with me. And because of this, i just didnt feel like blogging and sharing my depression with you!
I dont know what it was that made me feel so shit but i hope it doesnt come back!
I knew i was gunna have downtimes and such, Ben said i would get times when i just want to come home and Im not gunna lie, I did think about it, but it was only a thought. I dont think I'd ever actually quit before my time was up, this is such an amazing opportunity, there are people who would literally kill to be in my position, it would be such a waste. A waste of money, opportunity and the chance to learn and grow. It bugs me when there are people here who are just not bothered and moan constantly. It like, if you dont wanna be here, then fine, go home, at least then it'll give other people who really want this a chance.
Plus if i came home early, I'd probably dissapoint a few people who are backing me all the way, like family, like Ben. He wants me to be happy and he knows how much this means and I think he knows better than anyone how much I'd hate myself if i threw in the towel early!

I got to speak to my sister face to face for the first time in like a month and a half of being here. It was so relieving to do that. I think its what got me out of my depressed and ugly state!
You know the whole, you didnt realise how much you missed someone till they're gone, kinda senario...well shes not gone, im gone, but it works both ways!
I've not always gotton on with my sister..a few years ago when we had to share a room, i loathed her! She knows this so i dont feel so bad for writing it! But going from having your own bedroom for 18 years to having to share for a year SUCKS! We constantly bickered and argued, simply because she kept stealing my things! ARGH!
But now, i could ask for a better sister, a best friend. I love her and miss her so much, its unreal. Shes like the other part of me. Not just because shes like my 'twin' because she knows me, because she gets me, because we have that relationship where you bounce off each other. Evident in our skype call when she was make funny faces about my mother when she was stood right behind her! Love it! With alice, its like no time has passed when we talk, its like ive been talking to her everyday and seeing her everyday. I miss that.
She currently got a photo of her with Ben as her profile picture on fb, It makes me wanna cry! I love it so much and when he sent it to me on tuesday i just wanted to burst into tears! I miss them both sooo much :(

Mother is coming out to see me. Its OFFICIAL.
Shes booked the flights. Its now on me to sort out the hotel for her. Good old Disney discount! Im dreading her coming out, but at the same time, im secretly a little excited. A feeling ive not experienced about my mother in over 3 YEARS. But i know ill wanna kill her after about 3 hours! But my nan is coming too which is kinda cool actually. I feel really touched that my 80 year old nan is coming all the way over here to see me!

So, last week, one of my managers, Yelitza, approached me and asked if i wanted to become a trainer...OMG! Thats insane...at that point i'd only been here for a month and a half! I never, ever thought i'd be good enough to train here. I mean ive trained back home, ive trained soo many waitresses but thats because i know what im doing! Im not saying i dont here but its all still so new and fresh, but she said im doing so well and i seem to be able to carry myself well so she though id be perfect for it. Means i get paid an extra $1 an hour too..not much but it'll make a difference all the same! It also doesnt stop me getting into service either. Talking of that...im almost at my 60 day mark..52 i think, to be precise..thats 2 MONTHS! AHHHH!
But that means i'll be able to take my pre service test and start food running and learning to become a server. OMG! Theyre fast tracking as loads of peoples programmes are ending so they need people! YAY!
I need to buckle down and start learning so I can take my test!
All of the people who have trained me are now moving into service so my seniorty is getting higher as my arrival group are now dominating the areas in knowledge..ITS INSANE how fast its all moving! Eeeeep!
With high seniority, comes nicer shifts...ever since ive got here, ive worked all evening and close shifts, so shifts from 2 till 9/10 ish. I dont mind it as i was new but now, theres been 3 arrival groups since i got here so im no longer newbie, which means nicer shifts! Next week all my shifts are 11am starts with 5/6 finishes...sooo fricking excited to get my evenings back! :)
I have my first extra magic (tragic) hours tonight...its where the park stays open later for the resort guests...my shift today...2-11pm! FML!
So with that being said, i must dash and shower and get myself ready!
Toodle-pip! (Im not crazy, a guest asked me yesterday what the English term for goodbye was! Yeah, that sounds like a dumb question! But he was like it begins with 't'...ill forgive him because he meant the way people say goodbye years ago when everything was mega posh and prim and proper!)

No comments:

Post a Comment