Sunday 15 July 2012

A new adventure





Looking at my last post, I can't quite believe how much time has passed, how much has gone on and how much has changed. Its almost 6 months since that last post and here I am, writing the conclusion of my adventure.
I think part of me dreaded it because it would mean the realisation and the admission that it was all over. I'm not gonna lie, the past few months have been a roller coaster of emotion, from the joy of finally being home, jet lag and settling back into my life, missing everyone and every little thing, a slight hint of depression, stress, relief of being reunited with loved ones and those who i spent my year with...i could ramble on forever.
So my last week at Disney came all too quick. Filled with lasts, tears, packing, stress and memories that will hold a dear place in my heart, forever.
My last lasses was more emotional and draining than I ever thought it could be. I promised myself i wouldn't lose stand breakdown and I was doing well until we got to the bar. 
My last day at work was strange. It didn't feel like the end but everything just seemed so odd, it was so..normal..not like I expected something amazing but you know when you feel like it should be something amazing!
A group of us went to an indoor arcade type thing in the evening which was so much fun and a great way to see everyone and say goodbye.
We had graduation on the Thursday which was the day myself, Lauren, Kylie, Alan, Kitty and Jaz were due to fly to New York, and to say the day was stressful, is a HUGE understatement. It was an amazing morning and so very emotional. I think we all cried on the way and at the airport.
Waiting at the gate to board the plane was horrific. I think we all stood there and silently cried to ourselves. The realisation that 'this is it' definatly had hit and it was overwhelming to know it was over.
We had an amazing week in New York, it was without a doubt the best way to finish off the most amazing year with the people who I had started my adventure with.
I landed in Heathrow on January 31st, literally a day shy of a full year of being out of the country and the reception I got, was overwhelming. My dad, sister and Sue were there, closely followed by Sam, Tom and Billo with a welcome home banner! Such a great way to be collected. Wish that could happen every time i land!
The first few weeks of being at home were so weird, it felt like i should be getting ready to get back on a plane and go 'home' to Orlando. I think after the 2nd week it hit me and I  sank a little into a depression stage. It totally sucked. I spent hours applying to so many different opportunities, anything to get me out of the UK.
I went back to my old job in Wildwood after 3 weeks of being home. I was so grateful to actually being doing something again and not be sat at home, wallowing and feeling sorry for myself. That 3 weeks of doing nothing killed me! I mean sure i went to see friends at family and caught up with things and sorted my life out so i could fit back into it, but as soon as i sat and did nothing, i moped. I hate not doing anything!
I spent about 3 weeks in my original restaurant just as cover and then i became an opening manager, meaning that I would be travelling around the country to help open new branches of the restaurant.
I spent almost 2 months in Cambridge, commuting and staying up there, about 3 weeks in Market Harborough, just outside Leicester and finally I've spent the past 2 months in Ely, Cambridge. 
In-between all of this I've been seeing family, seeing a lot of my Disney family who live down south, Megan, Antonia and Mo (the best people :)), visiting Sam who's working in Mallorca over the summer and I went to the Disney reunion in Chester, that around 50 people attended..amazing! So it sounds like a lot but Ive not really had much of a social life as of late due to travelling all over the shop and never being at home! Its been so tough and at times I've almost walked away but Ive learnt a lot and learnt a lot more about management and what it takes to run a restaurant. I'm so grateful for it but it has been a huge struggle at time and i have suffered a lot with health and lack of sleep.
My birthdays coming up next weekend so I have a load of my Disney friends coming up/down for it and I'm more than excited to see them, especially Lauren as Ive not seen her since we landed in London in January! 
So i thought id finish off the last post of this amazing adventure with news of an new adventure.
I'm now employed with Disney, again :) I'm going to work for Disney Cruise Lines on August 7th, working on the Disney Fantasy, which does 7 and 8 night East and West Caribbean cruises. I'm too excited, cannot wait to start a new thing and get out of the UK! I'm doing it with Mo who I did the CRP programme with so Ill have someone I adore with me so I hope it will make it easier, for both of us! :)
So this is it. The End. A few months late, but hey ho, better late than never...you almost got never!
Id just like to thank every single person I met on my programme for making my programme memorable, for the ones who I was close to for making my life and for the memories that I have with everyone. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment