Thursday 22 September 2011

I've gone pro

So after almost 8 months of being here, I've FINALLY got Skype back! Gahh! That's thanks to the 'little' purchase of a Mac Book Pro :) Its amazing..its my baby. We got back from the mall at like 4..its now 7.15 and I've not left it alone...its amazing! Its the love of my life. I totally cannot wait to Skype using it. Yeah i know that sounds really pathetic but to not have had the luxury of it for this long and have to ask for permission to use Lauren's, has been torture, to not have the freedom is a lack of human right! Being 4350 ish miles away from home without it is tough..especially when i can't get the use of it! Okay, you catch my drift..
SO whats happened since my last post?
Well more people have left. Obviously. The last people who've gone have been the hardest. I'm lost but I'll be fine. I figure I've got what? 4 months left. It'll be my time soon so enjoy what I've got left. Ill see them when i get home. Just goes to show how much time you actually do spend with people out here..its weird but you like know that you're spending a lot of time with them and hanging out but you don't, if that makes any sense? 
But in the last month or so, I've become a lot closer to some people than i originally was and  I'm glad as its taken my mind off things and Ive had such a good time with them and love them all dearly and am mighty glad they are here.
I've also had a lot happen at work recently too which help, although I'm thoroughly shattered from it all! I've been made one of the Core Trainers in The Rose and Crown, meaning I'm now one of 5 that will have a lot more involvement and influence in the training process for becoming a server..I'll be one who does all the learning classes before they go onto the floor and train with myself or someone else and I'll be sitting the practical tests and getting involved in the content of the written tests for pre service and service tests. At first I was kind of dreading it as I doubted myself as being strong enough to teach someone else. I mean I train at home all the time and I love it, but here its a total different kettle of fish, unlike anywhere I've worked before. I don't wanna screw up someones training and leave something out if I'm not confident in myself. But the training i received was great and i really enjoyed it and am looking forward to helping people become servers. I think its kinda given me a new perspective of what I wanna do when i get home. I mean I knew I enjoyed what I did back home but I realize I love it and I love being a part of management and being able to lead and make things better.
So yeah, that happened all last week and Im ridiculously shattered from it...long days..intertwined with me going out a lot..probably shouldn't have done that, but hey! you only live once right?! Ive only got one day off this week too which totally sucks but the more i work, the more money i earn so might as well suck it up and get on with it than complain about it!
Something called Food and Wine festival start in Epcot next week so from then its gonna get stupidly busy. Im excited because it means I'll get to make decent money...finally! In the recent weeks, its been so quiet, its ridiculous..cant wait for it to pick up and be busy!
Then we're onto Halloween obviously..everything here has been going mental for it and its still only September! Magic Kingdom has had decorations up for weeks and shows and events for it have been happening for weeks already and go on till after Halloween! Its insane!
2 weeks to go till the pending visit of Mother. Really dreading it. She's become more intense and anal in her emails..demanding lists of things she needs to bring for me, bitching about my younger sister for her lack of contact and the snide comments about MY lack of contact when she's not got long till she's here. I mean Jesus..she asked me if she'd need to bring towels with her or would the hotel provide it?! I mean COME ON?!! Its pretty much a universal thing that hotels provide towels and its Disney for Christ's sake! Gees!
Okay, rant over. 
What else? Oh yeah! My best mate Tom is gonna come visit me too! His parents have given him a flight coupon thing so he can book a flight when he's free and then Im gonna pay for his hotel whilst he's here! Totally cannot wait! We're gonna go to New York for like 2 days as well as that's his 21st present to me and then he'll fly home from there. It'll be cheaper for him too and a flight to New York from Orlando is only like $100 at the moment! Cannot wait! Christmas shopping! :)
So that's basically a short rendition of what I've been up to recently. Its gonna get crazy busy from now on, being Food and Wine as I mentioned, then Candlelight at Christmas which should be fun and need to find more out about and then New Year and then BAM. Im home. Whaaat?! STOP IT!
I'll try and keep you more up to date with whats going on as Im slowly coming to the end of my blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment