Thursday 13 October 2011

I can't think of a title for this post so this is the title..

When I last left off, the visit of the mother was looming and the Food and Wine festival was just around the corner.
Well, we are in full swing of Food and Wine now, the park is exceedingly more busy and the money I'm earning is starting to pick up which is fantastic! FINALLY! Its only gonna get better too, with Candlelight only being about a month away! I really enjoy being busy, I hate it when you're stood around twiddling your thumbs and waiting for something to happen. Its the worst feeling. Now, I find it so much more fun. I love it when you're so busy, you literally don't have time to think, you just do. That's what I love about Hospitality and waitressing, I think its the rush of adrenaline you get. Yeah, I freak out and go slightly mental..for those of you who work in the R&C or have done or have worked with me back home, you've probably seen it on many occasion! But I find my job more enjoyable that way.
I went round all the food and wine stalls last Sunday with people from work and it was absolutely fantastic! The food was amazing and it was so much fun! If you are ever in Disney when Food and Wine is on in Epcot, I would defiantly recommend doing it, its well worth it!
I'm training a lot now as well, which I do thoroughly enjoy and have missed doing, but I'm glad theres quite a few of us that do it, as to be training every single shift would be a fricking nightmare! 
So...the mother has been and gone. She left yesterday to go onto L.A and Las Vegas! Totally jealous!
She arrived last Wednesday (5th) 
Id already decided that I was gonna rent a car and go to the airport and surprise her (with the moral support of James and Lauren, thank god!) But she emailed me a coupe of days before in a panic about the hotel address and my contact details and when I was gonna turn up at the hotel etc. Got to the point where i felt like shouting at her 'Im bloody coming to the airport to surprise you but you couldn't shut up about everything so Ive had to tell you!' That's what she's like! She rang the apartment like 2 days before she was due to come out and unfortunately Lauren answered and she ended up being late for work because mother just wouldn't shut up!
So..i rented a car (something i didn't think i could do at some places, turns out i can, I'd just have to pay a little extra but being a Disney Cast Member, I got that charge waved! Whoop!)
Waiting for her to come through the arrivals gate was extremely nerve wracking, I have absolutely no idea why but I just couldn't keep still!
She cried when she finally realized it was me..i looked at her and she looked straight back at me, smiled and carried on, stopped and lunged at me! It was kinda cute and I totally didn't expect it.
I spent more time with her than I expected I would and I'm glad I did, not only for the reason to get her off my back about when I was seeing her, but I did actually enjoy myself, something that I really didn't expect from seeing her and my nan.
They both defiantly spoilt me whilst they were here, which I totally didn't not expect. I was nice but i really didn't know how to take it. My mother hasn't really paid anything for me/been there financially for me since I was like 16? Don't think that I was a greedy child or anything. In all honesty, I'm kinda glad it went that way because Ive grown up, buying my own things, working and saving and using that money for me and not asking for much from my dad. I feel its given me more independence and stronger head and I don't rely on other people. Everything I own or have done, Ive paid for myself and I'm glad of it.
But for her to want to pay things for me, annoyed my slightly. I know it shouldn't have and I did let her, just so I didn't get earache but for 2 reasons it really bugged me. 1. I hate not paying my own way, Tom, my best mate back home, is the worst culprit for this..he won't let me pay ANYTHING for food etc and it bugs me because I feel like I'm taking advantage and 2. in a nasty way, I don't want her to think that she can buy me. I don't want her to think that just because she's bought me all these things, it means she's like buying my love or something..that's horrible right? But that's honestly what it felt like.
Ive always wanted to swim with Dolphins..its one of those things you have on a list of what you wanna do before you die (totally morbid i know) but Ive said that I wanna come home and be able to say Ive swum with dolphins. She's given me the money to do this. Its a lot of money and I am very great full and stunned she did that but at the same time, when my nan pairs it with 'thats your Xmas pressie from me and your mum, don't expect anything else!' it makes me feel bad and slightly angry because selfishly, i wanted to pay for it myself!

Now I have something else to look forward to..best mate Tom has just Whatsapped me...HES COMING TO VISIT IN JANUARY!!! AHHHHHHH! Totally freaking out right now! I'm so excited! EEEEEEEEEEEEP! :) I cannot wait to see him! It strange to think when he comes...ill only have a few weeks of my program me left..
I must dash..totally just looked at the clock on the microwave and its 1.50 and I'm not even dressed for work yet! Totally didn't realize how much Id be writing! whoops!
Catch you again soon with an update! By for now..or as mother would say BFN! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment