Thursday 16 December 2010

Disneyland Paris was just the warm up for the real thing!

So for my flatmates 21st birthday, I surprised her with tickets to Disneyland Paris for 3 days and its probably the best idea and best money I have ever spent on someone.
Granted its her Christmas present too and a little treat for me and her so we could chill and forget the turbulent 7 or so months we've had and also a marker to show how much she means to me and how much I will miss her when I'm gone.
Ive never needed a break away so much and it was defiantly worth it to see her so excited!
I booked it all aaaaages ago, even before my Disney interview...could you imagine if I hadn't gotten the job in Florida, how bittersweet it would have been to go to Paris and experience all I would have experienced?! So glad I got the job!
We went on Monday and got back today, only 3 days but that was defiantly long enough for us :)
These 3 days has given me an insight into what I'm gonna be doing and I don't think I could be any more excited!
But you know I've been struggling with not having it hit me that I'm leaving? Well on the coach back to the airport in Paris and chatting with Sam, it started to hit me then. Its the first real time we've sat together and talked about whats gonna happen with all of our stuff when we both move out of the flat..I actually got really freaked out..so i think its starting to hit me and as soon as Christmas is over, its gonna really start hitting...i can feel it already..
But Disney was incredible! Especially because its Christmas, it was so magical! I mean I know its supposed to be but come on..Disneyland in Paris...at Christmas...all the decorations and Christmas music?! Oh and it snowed! How amazing is that!
But my god...it was literally the coldest I have EVER been in my life...Ive never worn as many layers as I have these past 3 days!
And the food? My god...buffets and fast food galore...NIGHTMARE! I am literally not gonna eat for a week! The amount I consumed could probably feed a whole community for a week! Not even kidding!
I got Sam slightly into the Disney channel...love it! I love the Disney channel :D yeah...I'm slightly worried too!
I'm so glad that I'm working in the Florida Disney though...I could not cope with the sub zero temperatures in France in the winter!
Anyways I think my bed is calling...I'm so tired and cannot focus any longer! Am also being thrown straight back into work again...starting with a 9.30am-10pm shift tomorrow...Nice.
Better get some shut eye! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment