Saturday 8 January 2011

Visa, DONE

Since being accepted to this programme, my biggest fear was the Visa part of it.
Completely baffled me and I just couldn't get my head around how it worked. I read all of the information provided by Yummy and on the embassy website itself, but its just didn't click and make sense.
So Ive spent the past 4 months, petrified about it.
Today I GOT MY VISA!
All by myself..so proud :)
So after booking my appointment on Tuesday night, I literally had Wednesday daytime to figure it all out and get everything together.
I can safely say, that these past 2 days have been the most stressful ever..literally felt like bursting into tears every 5 minutes. All I wanted was a cuddle or some form of love to comfort me...I know that's pathetic right? but the person I wanted to pick me up is in stupid Bulgaria, skiing on a stupid mountain, drinking stupid amounts of cheap beer whilst I'm here, dying!
Hes back tomorrow though :) well back in the country, not back here till Wednesday :(
Anyway..completely sidetracked talking about the boy :) my point was that I worked Wednesday evening and didn't finish until 12am, had to be back at work for 9.30am yesterday and was there until 11.30! got home for like 11.45 and was up until 12.30 prepping everything so I didn't have to rush too much in the morning. I hate that! because it resulted in me realising...last minute.com, that I hadn't printed my application receipt..one of the important documents! FML! ahhh!
So I had to make sure I was up and out by 5.30am this morning to get to my dads house, to print out the last important document! I'm such a dippy thing!
Got into London fine though...I cannot work London, it confuses the hell out of me! But I made it there and back in one piece, with no help from anyone else! result!
The US embassy is ridiculous though! had to queue up outside, even though I had an appointment, it was raining OF COURSE. You're not allowed to take any electronical items into the building...you wont be allowed in and will loose your appointment! so I left my phone, ipod etc in my car and took the bare minimal. I STILL GOT STOPPED! you know why?! my car key is electronic and I have a FOB for my flat! absolute nightmare! so had to leave and come back!
I honestly thought it was going to take me hours in there but I got in for like 8.30ish? and was out by 10am! nice!
The waiting room is like a departure lounge, with screens calling the number you are given when you enter the embassy. They take your vital pieces of paper and passport, take your finger and thumb prints, given your number back and then called again for your interview which literally consists of why? when? what? and how! So simple and they tell you there and then if you've been accepted or not!
ACCEPTED! yay! not just gotta wait for it to be couriered back to me, which should be around Tuesday or Wednesday next week. piece of cake! :)
Can put my mind to rest now...thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment