Wednesday 23 February 2011

Earnt my ears, title of newbie is gone!

So I have now entered my 3rd week in Disney...next week it'll be a month. How scary is that!?! Before I know it, ill be in my last month!
Sunday was my last official training day! Woop! One of the girls pointed this out to me and i ripped the little 'earning my ears' ribbon off my badge! I felt so proud! I now am a fully fledged cast member! Yay!
The next arrival group arrived last week and they are about to commence their training so the title of the newbies has now been passed on to them! They all came in today to have a look around, so weird that 3 weeks ago, that was me!
At the moment, it's like 80F at the moment! That's what..? 26 almost 27C! Insane! So as you can imagine, standing outside on a till gets mighty uncomfortable in all those layers. Suprsingly the costumes' not too bad...its where everything meets in the middle that's unbearable! Its nice though when you get the breeze but when you don't get that, its scorching and I've defiantly got a bit of colour from it!
We sunbathed by the pool on Sunday and I've already got a little burnt. That's right...sunburn...in FEBRUARY! That's not right at all!
I have no idea what its like back home but i heard today that its been raining alot? Well no shock there really!
I have my first day off in like 10 days coming up on Thursday! Well we had last Thursday off for social security day (where we got our numbers sorted, you cant work in the US without one) but getting up- at 5am doesn't really class as a day off right?! So I think a bunch of us will go to Typhoon Lagoon or something...I'm so excited! I've never been and as cast members we get in for free! :)

So my mother decides its time to start being a bitch and throwing her weight around again...shes doing my head in with thinking that I can just get on skype whenever I'm free..which is not the case as my laptops a pile off poo and she seems to forget that I'm 5 hours behind her! Shes also demanding I write little newsletters for the fam. which I will do but Ive been here all of 3 weeks...not very long and not long enough for me to write in a news letter. Shes also reminding me of families birthdays coming up...on my dads side! This bugs me greatly...I think she thinks because I made an effort to see her more before I left, that shes now back in my good books and start being her old self. Its really getting to me. I kinda knew this would happen.

I wrote a huge long email to my dad earlier..I've only properly spoken to him once since Ive been here which is weird to me, i hate that actually. Yeah I'm a daddy's girl...already established this but being that hes a driving instructor and that i now am phoneless, i have no contact other than email.
Writing all that I've done so far has defiantly kicked in the homesickness.
Ive been fighting with it since the end of last week but now its starting to hit me that I'm here for a year. Shit timing! Ah well. But I'm now missing home. Especially when I see people planning things that I cant be involved in! Yeah I know, I'm in Disney doing what I've dreamed of for ages...but it still doesn't mean i don't miss everything, everyone, every little detail of my life back home.
I miss Ben so much now too. I miss being able to just chill at his with movies, i miss staying at his, i miss all the little things...not having skype is probably adding to this and the fact i have no phone yet either! maaan! Why does technology always seem to die around me?!
Ive just realised how sad and depressing this post must sound! Its probably giving off the impression I'm having a rough time or something and I'm not enjoying myself! I'm not, i am enjoying myself..I'm so happy that I'm finally here and doing my own thing!..its standard to miss home and i guess I'm just in that stage at the moment and I'll come out of it soon.

Im gunna sign off now and watch a movie :) Love Ben for giving me this website address to watch movies on..a life saver really! Im so shattered its ridiculous so chilling out with a movie is right up my street right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment