Wednesday 9 February 2011

This time last week

How scary is it that this time last week Helen and I were just leaving the airport on the coaches to Vista Way to sign in?!
I cant believe its been a week but in the same way I cant believe its only been a week! It feels a hell of a lot longer, I'm guessing because we've done so much and learnt so much in such a small space of time.

I think I'm just about adjusted to the time change here. I'm finding it alot easier to get up early here than I did back home..maybe that all part and parcel of the adjustment and that will disappear soon?! I hope not!
Since the last time i posted, not much has happened! Just basically more e learning and classes and being talked to and shown around areas. Warning to all you newbies...the first week...it is boring, but hang in there! It gets more exciting towards the end of the week!
ITS ALL OVER NOW! Today was the last day of learning...hopefully! I start work in the fish and chip restaurant (chippie) tomorrow, well training, and I'm actually really nervous! Which i find odd...i was a supervisor in a restaurant! I wanna get everything right...I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to work so that doesn't help! Oh well, everyone we met today seems lovely so I'm sure its gonna be fine!
Today was a really fun day actually but I'm not gonna ruin for any newbies reading this so I'm just gonna say, the discovery day you guys have is gonna be fun! :)
Ive got the WHOLE weekend off this week..Friday to Sunday..I haven't had that in 2 years..honest to god. So you can guess my excitement! :) I think a bunch of us are gonna go to the magic kingdom on Friday..its the last day that toon town is open as its closing and being changed for something else so figure it would be a good thing to document and then i think I'm gonna go to Hollywood studios on Saturday with some others :) oh the joy of staff discounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment