Saturday 5 February 2011

The Magic has begun :)

So I've been in Orlando for 3 days now and its still not sunk in that I'm here!
I cant believe its been a year since I found this programme and I'm now sat here in the living room, blogging about it! Its totally insane!
These past 4 days have gone by in such a flash I've barely had time to stop and take a breath! This is literally (Helen pointed it out that i constantly say this word and now I'm so conscious of it! i need to stop it!)the first block of time I've had to sit down and collect my thoughts a put it down into writing! So here goes!
Monday night seems like such a long time ago. I had final drinks with friends, just quiet as Saturday night I was defiantly too wasted!
It was so nice to just sit round and chat for a bit, kinda calmed my nerves too.
I stayed at Ben's on Monday night; he bought me a compass link for my bracelet and had made me 6 Cd's full of music, 2 for leaving, 2 for my time in America and 2 for homecoming. Ive never felt so much of a rush of appreciation and love for someone than I did then. No ones ever done something like that for me, I felt so touched that he'd gone through all that trouble just for me.
We left for the airport at 10 and met Helen who I was flying with, and Jon who we also ended up flying with.
I had my own little party who came with me :) Ben, my dad and sister, Tom and Sam. I love them all so much for coming but I defiantly think they all had some secret mission going on to make me cry! Sam's present to me was a personalised link made by her friend and had been engraved with a picture of the castle in Disneyland Paris and the dates we went. Actually amazing..I love it so much! So now I have 4 links :) A suitcase that work bought me, a compass from Ben so I can find my way home, the world from Alice and this new one from Sam. I'm so lucky! :)
Goodbyes were hard, sister defiantly bawled it! Dad was close, he defiantly did the really tight hug and squeeze to stop himself crying! I'm glad Tom, Ben and Sam didn't...I think I would have lost it then.
The flight was long and tedious...we got delayed because of the wind too! But we landed around 6pm!
Going through passport control both me and Helen got stopped and taken into a side room so they could double check us but Jon didn't and we lost him! Note for any upcoming Disneyers...take down the number of the person you are flying withs number if you are flying with someone as you are not allowed to wait around once you've gone through passport control!
We didn't get to Vista Way (one of the 4 living complexes for Disney cast members) until 9pm because of all this and waiting around for the coaches to pick us up!
Finally got to our actual apartment complex (The Commons)just before 10pm! ouch! There was one girl here at that time, Amy from Hong Kong and she was so lovely!
Absolutely shattered by this time but i thought i better unpack and set up to make it more homely! Think I finally made it to bed at around midnight!
Another note for you Disneyers, they don't supply ANYTHING for your bed...its literally the mattress. I was advised to just leave things like that at home as you can buy it out here for cheap which is true but unless you have an uber early flight then you WILL NOT get the time to go somewhere and buy bed linen, so make sure you bring a blanket! I fashioned a pillow out of scarves and slept with my coat and more scarves over me...kinda felt humiliating actually! Especially when we had more arrivals come at 2.30am!
I'm sharing with a girl called Georgia and shes from Italy, shes lovely! And then there are 2 German girls, Lisa and Lina and a girl from Norway, Melina...so 6 of us in total!
My first proper day was spent signing what felt like every piece of paper under the sun and having the fact that I'm now underage, drummed into me! We got out Id's for the living complexes, that we have to have on us at all times so we can get back in! Its a little anal!
A group of us went to Walmart to do out first shop and I bought pretty much everything I needed as I stupidly packed European plug sockets instead of American ones! Doh!
We then went to Downtown Disney which was absolutely amazing! It was packed full of people and it was so much fun, walking round with the girls and seeing everything!
Yesterday was yet MORE paperwork but we got out pay cards issued :) First pay check is next Thursday! eeeep! Then a group of us went back to Downtown Disney and walked around, then me Helen and Jon went to go see Tangled...AMAZING film! The cinema was amazing too! You can make the seats into sofas and like stretch out over them! Genius idea!
Ive had a day off today so Ive spent it chilling out and sorting out bits and bobs. Its been nice but now I just wanna get into it and start work! We have traditions tomorrow and I'll get my badge and Disney ID! So excited! Oh and we get out costumes I believe?! SOO excited for that! I'll post pictures when i get it so you can laugh!
Have my first skype date with Ben tonight :) I cant wait! I miss him lots. But I'm having lots of trouble with skype and every other form of video chat so Helen's letting me use her computer. Love her lots for that!
Everyone I've met so far has been lovely, I'm so glad I've got the housemates I have. We had a meeting this evening about setting up a cleaning schedule and what we are gonna do about food and they're all as eager to input and sort it out as can be! Georgia's gonna cook us a pasta dish one night..pasta from an Italian! That's gotta be good! I said id cook and English breakfast for everyone so I think its guna be a good relationship with them! Cannot wait!
I better go because I could write so much more and probably bore you with it! But this is a broken down account of what Ive been up to so far. It so weird that I've been here for 3 days now...it feels like I'm on holiday, still doesn't feel real yet.
I'll update as much as possible but I'm expecting that I'm gonna be mega busy next week with it being my first week of work so bare with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment