Saturday 5 February 2011

Who said Traditions was boring?!

Ive got a bit of free time so i figure, ill update again as the next couple of days are gonna be busy for me. Wow aren't you guys lucky?!
Had my skype date with Ben last night :) It was so good to hear his voice and see him. Made me miss him so much more but I defiantly felt more relaxed and calm after having reassuring words from him. I love that hes so supportive and, well not worried about me but like looking out for me and making sure I'm okay. I'm guessing he definatly knows and understands how apprehensive and worried I was about going. Hes made it so much easier and I love him for that. Defiantly didn't realise we spent an hour chatting and defiantly love Helen for waiting up until I'd finished!
Well today I had Traditions; its basically a class which teaches you all you need to know about the Disney company as a whole and what they aim to achieve and what you are expected to bring as a cast member..did i mention that it was an 8 and half HOUR day?! Man alive!
But it was actually quite fun! I'd heard it was long and tedious but the guys we had talking to us defiantly made it more fun for us!
Day didn't start too well...having to be ready for 7.30am is not the one! Woke up at 6.15am to shower and get ready...the one downside of having a roommate is that you feel so bad for making noise but I had to shower and dry my hair! But luckily she was up for the same time so its all good! I blew the bloody hairdryer half way through drying me hair though! GREAT! The light in our bedroom doesn't work now either...oopsie! So i think its just the fuse or something so hopefully it can be fixed! I'm such a liability its insane!
But I managed to be ready in time and we all caught the coach over to the Disney University..i know right?! Disney has its own University! Its insane!
Basically the day consisted of listening to alot of rules and regulations, learning about the company and what it owns...it was actually quite interesting and the presenters made it fun with games and prizes...I won a Minnie and a Donald Duck statue thing which I will defiantly treasure :)
Best part was that we got to go into the Magic Kingdom and go behind the scenes! How amazing?! We caught the bus over and as we stopped to let some people off, BELLE got onto the buss and we also saw TINKERBELL run across the parking lot! So surreal!
They took us through the underground tunnel network which is underneath the Castle itself...its INCREDIBLE!
We got a little time to have a look around the park before lunch. Your sitting in the cafeteria and princes and princesses walk in with half done make up and costumes, its just incredible, I felt like such a little kid getting all excited!
We then went back to the Uni for more learning but we got a visit from MICKEY MOUSE! who dropped off our name badges and we also received our Disney IDs which gets us into the 4 park for FREE! eeeep!
Now its all real!

Also got our schedules for the next couple of days...I have a training class tomorrow from 1pm and then on Monday, I'm going across to Epcot to START WORKING! I get my costume and get trained whilst working! I'm so so so excited! Cannot control my excitement right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment